Anybody help me with next development??

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Thank you...
Feb 14, 2009 at 3:43 PM
I would love to help out.

The first thing i would recommend is localization, which you already have in the issue tracker. 

What other features did you have in mind?
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Sorry I'm late - I was sick...
I sent you a message.. I want to create word-like WPF text editor library, which anybody can use in the projects..
Before I created it, I could not find anything usable on the internet of the price was really high, in my opinion..
D.
Developer
Mar 11, 2009 at 4:00 PM
Hellp dasi1,
Does this component produces HTML only?
I have a project that requires to store formatted text as a blob into a database and then export it to a browser or present this formatted text in a report. I've heard SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services allows to present rtf taken out of the database.
I saw the RichTextEditor that comes with WPF but the text edition is very primitive, plus i believe you have to hook up the buttons to allow the formatting, bullets and all.

Anyways, I'll download your component and play with it and would certainly like to collaborate on this project.
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2009 at 4:42 PM
Hi,
nice to hear, you want to help..
This component produces HTML and serialized FlowDocument content (RichTextEditor.DocumentBody property)..
In my project I use this component as a editor for HTML mail templates for campaign management application - I store document as a serialized FlowDocument in the database blob and when I want to use the HTML template, I use html output...
FlowDocument itself is pretty good, but as you wrote - RichTextEditor is very primitive...
I added you into team and I'll update source code in the cvs soon...
D.
Developer
Mar 11, 2009 at 5:06 PM
Count me in! Let me know what tasks you would like to distribute. I'll download the source code tonight.
I've done some localization projects in asp.net 2.0 and 1.1. I have no clue if WPF still uses resources files, but would like to take a look  into this.
Developer
Mar 12, 2009 at 4:08 AM
Where can I download the Ribbon Control, I wandered for an hour in the Office website and all I managed to find was the license or the trials for office. Do you have the URL? Thanks.
Developer
Mar 12, 2009 at 4:13 AM
Found it
In order to access Ribbon, click on "License the Office UI" and sign the licensing agreement. The Ribbon download will be available on the page after signing the license.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM
Hi Lizet,
yes, downloading of the ribbon is a little bit complicated...
Today I was successful to add you into developer's role, so you are in.. ;)
Now I will put latest sources into cvs - I added functionality to open RTF file yesterday...
Redards...
Developer
Mar 13, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Hi again,
I downloaded the code two nights ago, i will download the changes. I do have two references missing after i installed the Ribbon, one of them is the WPFControlLibrary.
I'll search for it, but if you know where to download that, that would be great. Thanks!
Developer
Mar 13, 2009 at 2:06 PM
Never mind my previous question, I think I missed to download part of the solution.
Developer
Mar 14, 2009 at 9:07 PM
Hello dasi1,
I downloaded the latest code and I set up source control with SVN.

I'm missing a reference though, XAMLConverter on the TestApp project.

Could you please let me know where do I get it from?
Thanks.

Developer
Mar 18, 2009 at 7:12 PM
ok, so the XAMLConverter is an old reference. I deleted it and found another missing reference for the WebControl control.

To anyone downloading the code. Please note you need the .NET 3.5 Framework Service Pack 1 where this control was released. The original 3.5 Framework does not include it.

The service pack 1 can be downloaded from here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/cc533448.aspx

hth

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Yes, sorry - it's written in the latest version of .NET, as I allways do... I will write it into prerequisites...
D.
Developer
Mar 31, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I had problems in open the project in vs .NET

i will check again, and i am to regionalisation for PT - BR

Developer
Mar 31, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Helo Marcio,
Great to see someone from Brazil!
Please note the dependencies listed (.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and the Ribbon Control)

Please let us know the exact error when you load the project after you have resolved these dependencies.

I'm in the process of binding the resources to the resx files and will update the projects soon. I'll create a pt-BR file too...

Some of the resources were uploaded yesterday but they are not added into the project yet...

Hth,
Lizet

May 15, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Helo Marcio and lizetp,

I'm working on translating the file 'Resources.pt-BR.resx' too!, but how I set for the application load this file and not the English?

Thanks for the help.

Aldo.

May 15, 2009 at 6:03 PM

OK, I found the solution!

I change the line: CultureInfo cult = new CultureInfo("en-US"); to "pt-BR".

tnx!

Developer
May 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Hi aldocarlos,

Glad to know you're taking a look at the br-pt file.

There are a few resources that were bound improperly (you'll see when you run the en-us version) and some resources (from the pop up windows) that are not on the resx files.

I have that on my TODO list and will work on that ASAP. I'm out of town with limited computer use until Tuesday May 19th

Thanks,

lizetp

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Hi there, guys I could help, I have a very limited tight scheduled but I think I could use some of this code in one of our internal projects so let me know how can I help. 

Enrique

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Hi! Is a project alive? If so, how may I contribute as C# developer?

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Hi,

this project is not alive at the moment. I used the aplication as a submodule for any CampaignManagement system as a HTML template generator fot e-mails, but there is not latest version of it.. If anybody (you) interest, I should update latest version on codeplex and ad appropriate user roles for developers..

David.

Jul 23, 2010 at 10:49 AM

We wanted to use the control as an element in publishing managment of one internet journal. So we could commit updates of the control (anyway it the only way to do by lisence). If there is a new version of control, shurely we are interested in getting it.

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Had to fork the project. After a half year of development it will be placed here soon. 

As a separate project or not? It is the question...